|Artist Honoree Kenny Scharf being introduced by Maria Giulia Prezioso Maramotti|
at ArtWalk NYC 2016.
ArtWalk NYC 2016
The 22nd Annual ARTWALK NY (a fundraiser supporting the Coalition for the Homeless, NYC) was held on Thursday, November 3rd at the Metropolitan Pavilion ,125 West 18th Street. Doors opened at 6:30 p.m. and lasted until 11p.m. The evening included a cocktail mixer for the art lovers of New York City and included passed appetizers as attendees bid on the silent auction artworks. Between 8:30 and 9 p.m. the crowd moved into the main seated auction auditorium, where 10 top level artworks were sold for very "reasonable prices" for the buyers, and since the art was all donated, raising major funds the "Coalition for the Homeless." The evening ended with passed desserts and cocktails as the final bids were placed on the many silent auction artworks.
|Victor-John Villanueva - One of the artists|
showing in the ARTWALK Silent Auction.
|Some of the Silent Auction artworks: Photo by BFA, courtesy of ArtWalk NY.|
|The turnout of beautiful people was quite large,|
all there to support New York City's "Coalition for the Homeless."
|The ARTWALK cocktail mixer preceded the live auction.|
|The Silent Auction.|
|Flowers, all white, decorated the gala.|
|Artist Kenny Scharf and Philanthropist Mike De Paolo,|
were the "Honorees" of the evening.
|The front 2 rows of the live auction enjoyed champagne and chocolates.|
|Kenny Scharf and Maria Giulia Prezioso Maramotti: Photo by BFA, courtesy of ArtWalk NY.|
|Mike De Paola and Vincent Fremont: Photo by BFA, courtesy of ArtWalk.|
|The Live Auction: Photo by BFA, courtesy of ArtWalk.|
|Cipriana Quann and TK Wonder: Photo by BFA courtesy of ArtWalk|
The Passed Appetizers
Were Outstanding Works
of Culinary Art!
The appetizers were striking to look at and marvelous to taste. They were elegantly served at tables and were passed to the crowd on trays by a handsome crew dressed in black and white.
The bitesized appetizer samplers included:
• Eggplant, egg and hollandaise served on a crispy pita.
• Long whole grain crackers topped with a small serving of minced beets.
• Strips of tuna rolled and coated in herb dust.
• Strips of roasted fillet mignon were also rolled to form a small tower shape.
• Small hearts of romaine lettuce, loaded with cheese and herbs.
• Squares of bacon and Romano cheese pizzas.
• Tiny puffed cheese balloons filled with a liquid cheese and macaroni puree.
• House made rice flakes supported an eggplant and tomato mixture.
• Rectangular chunks of grilled chicken & beef served on a skewers.
• Chicken inside Chinese dumplings were coated in a Buffalo sauce
• Tofu and herbs rolled inside a seaweed wrap on a skewer
• Skewered cantaloupe mini bites served with spoon of premium mozzarella cheese
• Hand dipped gourmet ice-cream served in small cones.
• Chocolate mouse inside a round cookie cup.
A complete selection of mixed drink bar options were available, but the featured drinks were Peroni Italian beer and VDKA 6100 Vodka Martinis. Champagne was served at the live auction. Coffee and espresso was also available.
was presented this year by:
Mah Ze Dahr bakery
Morgenstern's finest ice cream
Peroni Beer (Italy)
Morris Kitchen (Brooklyn)
Art Stewardship Sponsor:
(Source: ARTSnFOOD staff and the Coalition for the Homeless, NYC)
ARTSnFOOD is an online magazine dedicated to providing artists and collectors around the world with highlights of current art exhibitions, and to encourage all readers to invest in and participate in "The Joy of Art"® and culture. All rights reserved. All Concepts, Original Art, Text & Photographs in this posting (which are not credited) are © Copyright 2016 Jack A. Atkinson under all International intellectual property and copyright laws. All gallery, event, museum, fair or festival photographs were taken with permission. Images © individual artists, fabricators, respective owners or assignees.