A PHOTO ESSAY BY
JACK A. ATKINSON
This is the first installment from a series of photographs titled "ROAD TRIP".
Enjoy these "first selects" taken during a segment of the drive through Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Arkansas and Kansas. Almost all of the images were taken from inside the car, a couple were seen from the car, then taken while standing on solid ground.
(Source: All photos were taken by Jack A. Atkinson © Copyright 2014 all rights reserved.)
Veggies can be the highlight of a casual or a formal dinner when marinaded and grilled to bring out their sweetness.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 3 small carrots, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium red onion, cut into wedges
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients.
- Place 3 tablespoons marinade in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add vegetables; seal bag and turn to coat.
- Marinate 1-1/2 hours at room temperature.
- Transfer vegetables to a grilling grid; place grid on grill rack.
- Grill vegetables, covered, over medium heat 8-12 minutes
- or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Place vegetables on a large serving plate. Drizzle with remaining
- Serves 6
(Source: —Heidi Hall, North St. Paul, MN)
(Something given by way of good measure; something extra!)
WHY WE DO
WHAT WE DO?
A TED TALK BY TONY ROBBINS
We all have excuses or even reasons why things don't go our way, Tony Robbins addresses this concept in a TED talk, the 22 minute YouTube video is embedded below or go to this link
Resources we lack, so we don't succeed:
Lack of: Time, Money, Technology, Contacts, Experience, Financial Management, etc.
Resoucefulness we can use to Succeed:
With PASSION and ENTHUSIASUM show…
Enjoyment of the Idea
Act Boldly and always with Passion!
The video of the TED talk.
For a transcript of this TED talk, go to the following link: http://www.ted.com/talks/tony_robbins_asks_why_we_do_what_we_do/transcript?language=en
(Source: TED talks -www.TED.com - used under their Creative Commons license )
ARTSnFOOD, is an online publication dedicated to "The Pursuit of Happiness through the Arts and Food." ™ All rights reserved for all content. Concept, Original Art, Original Text & "Original or Assigned Photography" are © Copyright 2014 Jack A. Atkinson under all International intellectual property and copyright laws. All photographs were taken and/or used with permission. Artworks © individual artists, fabricators, respective owners or assignees.